Aberdy Privaat Mureno

Using a drone to detect partially buried archaeological findings for pre-construction projects

I have an assignment that I need help with and I was wondering if someone could help me with this part of my assignment. The assignment is to come up with a solution for the following scenario;

"Come up with a non-destructive technique to automatically detect small surfaced or partially buried archaeological finds (e.g. potsherds, lithic tools, bones, etc.) scattered in large areas, in order to improve efficiency and effectiveness of archaeological surveys, carried out during the preliminary phases of construction projects, to preserve the historical and cultural heritage."
See the image attached. Explain your proposal clearly and attach documents if needed.

My best solution is none other than the use of drones and attached devices for such a task, seeing that we are looking at the following major points;
-A non-destructive technique
-Automatic detection
-Partially buried & small surfaced archaeological finds
-Cover large areas
-Improve efficiency and effectiveness of archaeological surveys (findings data)
-Pre-construction projects.

Any input, links, etc is welcome.

Thanks1?ui=2&ik=215aaadb3a&attid=0.1&permmsgid

Hi we have been using sensefly tir sensors data, DSM and DTM (20 cm). Directional filters and edge detection image processing techniques used and subtle topographic anomalies detected. Earlier Landsat TM data modelling was done (indices development: clay mineral, hydrothermal, iron oxide) to identify prospective locations in association with UAV data. Share your email to send related research articles. Best regards Babu