Drones in Accident Reconstruction: How Drones Are Helping Make Traffic Crash Site Assessments Faster, Safer, and More Accurate

Drones are fast becoming a go-to technology for accident reconstruction, used by law enforcement, insurance companies, and lawyers trying to assess blame after a crash.

drones-accident-reconstruction-1024x576.

One of the biggest values in using a drone for accident reconstruction is that it significantly reduces the amount of time needed to collect a sufficient amount of data to map out the scene for an investigation.

While older methods for mapping accidents required hours to execute, drones offer a speedier, more accurate solution. With a drone, investigators can map an accident scene in just five to eight minutes, according to research done at Purdue University.

Read yesterday's article to learn more about how drones are being used in accident reconstruction, and the major benefits they're providing.

What app or software is used for accident reconstruction? I am former law enforcement and know how it is done the old fashioned way, but now I would like to include this into my business!