Zacc Dukowitz

DroneBase Raises $7.5 Million in Series C, Expands Operations to include Renewable Energy, European Markets

DroneBase just announced a successful Series C fundraising round.

DroneBase, a company that offers both aerial data analytics and aerial services, raised a total of $7.5 million in its Series C, bringing the total the company has raised to $32 million.

dronebase-series-c.jpg

Along with its fundraising news, DroneBase has shared plans for expansion, which will be funded by the capital raised in the Series C round.

This expansion will take two forms: The first is that the company will be opening its first office in Europe, and the second is the launch of DroneBase Insights for Wind and Solar.

Read today's article to learn more about DroneBase Insights for Wind and Solar and how DroneBase is thriving at a time when many companies are struggling to stay open.

Ah, the "Uber" of the drone world.  The company and customers are happy.  The sub-contractors got issues though.  I'm on their list although I've never done a job for them.  The amounts they offer are fine if the project site is next door and takes 30 min.  Otherwise it is sort of a bad joke.

But hey, there seems to be folks willing work for their rates so who can blame them if it's working.  But lets not confuse that with being any great opportunity for drone pilots.  Perhaps an interview with a Drone Base pilot making the big bucks is in order?

db.thumb.JPG.dfe5346c84716036a5d50ffa962ea271.JPG

Edited by Dave Pitman

Alan, please.....have Zacc do a little research and write a piece on these brokers (such as DroneBase) rather than "news" that's viewed through rose colored glasses.  Start with FB group "DroneBase Lovers and Haters".   The business models of these brokers are NOT good for this industry.  It's a "race to the bottom". 

Martin (Marty) Lachance

Founder/owner of UAV Imaging Services, LLC

First FAA authorized operator in upstate NY, section 333

First FAA sUAS "FAASTeam" Rep

FAA DronePro

Manned aircraft pilot since 1998

Manned aircraft mechanic, specializing in avionics

sUAS Instructor for Rochester Air Center

www.uavimagingservices.com

Example: My last comment with FB "DroneBase Lovers & Haters"

Martin Lachance I believe they removed me from their pilot list after a phone conversation in which I said that I felt the pay-outs were insulting. I understand they were upset when I didn’t "accept", and then "declined" when they called me. There was a sense urgency with this mission and I guess no one else could accept it. I’m not one to be under compensated for a mapping mission over an active business with foot traffic and moving vehicles. It’s such a difficult environment to control. I’ve enlisted with several of these “brokers” and it’s relatively the same.......they want it dirt cheap. IMO, it’s not a sustainable business model. At least not at these prices. Unless you live in your parent’s basement, don’t have insurance, and fly with 3 year old platforms that you can buy for $500. It was good experience in the beginning when showing a profit was not top priority. But crash a $1,500 bird just once, and the mindset changes. Is the risk worth the pay-out? If you haven’t crashed yet, you haven’t flown that much