DJI Launches Global Drone Rescue Map, A Living Record of Drone Rescues throughout the World

It seems like more and more these days we’re hearing stories about drones helping to save lives.

dji-drone-rescue-map-cover.jpg

Just last week a family lost while hiking on a nature preserve in Plant City, Florida was found quickly with the help of a drone. Highs that day were in the 90s, and the family could have faced heatstroke if they weren’t found in a timely manner.

DJI has a new map devoted to drone rescues like this one, which shows all of the drone rescues that have been made in the entire world to date. It is inviting people to submit drone rescues to be added to the map, so it will serve as a living record of drone rescues.

Read today's post to learn more about the map and the data on drone rescues going back to the start of 2017.

Looks like DJI may have some serious competition in the area of search and rescue with this new drone from Parrot. 

It seems to be an ideal drone for first responders as it has 3 built-in cameras that combine provide a 32 times zoom as well as thermal imaging plus its manufactured in the USA.

17 hours ago, Spitfire76 said:

Looks like DJI may have some serious competition in the area of search and rescue with this new drone from Parrot. 

Agreed! You actually anticipated a writeup I'm doing next week on the ANAFI USA—working on an in-depth review of it, looks like it it could present some real competition for the Matrice series when it comes to public safety applications.

1 hour ago, Zacc Dukowitz said:

Agreed! You actually anticipated a writeup I'm doing next week on the ANAFI USA—working on an in-depth review of it, looks like it it could present some real competition for the Matrice series when it comes to public safety applications.

You may have seen this interview that Gary Mortimer, founder of sUAS News did with Henri Seydoux CEO, Parrot. Henri explains how Parrot got into the business of making drones and more recently how they got involved with making a drone for the US Army which resulted in a commercial version called the ANAFI USA.

Edited by Spitfire76
35 minutes ago, Spitfire76 said:

You may have seen this interview that Gary Mortimer, founder of sUAS News did with Henri Seydoux CEO, Parrot. Henri explains how Parrot got into the business of making drones and more recently how they got involved with making a drone for the US Army which resulted in a commercial version called the ANAFI USA.

I haven't seen this, really appreciate you sharing. Just bookmarked this for my research as I work on the ANAFI USA article. Thanks so much!