Hello all.  Doing the newbie thing and checking in.  I'm 43 and work Satellite Communications in the military and am stationed in Hawaii.  My experience with drones is mainly as a tool in my videography belt.  I like doing family adventure videos with GoPros and drone footage, snorkeling, kayaking, hiking.  I have been flying since the Original DJI phantom 2 off and on and have the Phantom 2, the Mavic Mini, and the Mavic Air 2.  I also have some mini drones like the tello and the mambo as well as some random cheap ones I've picked up along the way.  I am looking into my Part 107 license, I may be able to test for free so that would be nice.  Right now I've been on a minidrone kick I just ordered my second parrot mambo, this one with the PFV camera and have been reading up on FPV and DIY stuff.  I am overwhelmed by all the information, but at the same time I find that there isn't exactly the information I am ever looking for and that is what let me to this sight somehow.  One of my questions that brought me here is if recycling old cheap/inexpensive drones is possible, i.e. can I use a flight controller form a WLTOYS V262 UFO drone for a DIY project, does it even have a flight controller that isn't integrated and if so what about ESCs, etc...  I know that I don't know much about this stuff, but have a knack for learning and may find the answers I don't want to hear and will change direction quickly.  I'm also looking at getting some old parrot minidrones for cheap and play with programming and linux.  I have a background in rebuilding computers, limited knowledge of Linux/Ubuntu, a lot of knowledge on repairing electronics, but not on how they actually work.  A huge knowledge of communications and frequencies and severe ADHD that allows me to hyperfocus on something and learn it really well until I find boredom.  Hopefully I will find some good answers here and maybe even be able to contribute back some of my knowledge and experience as I learn.