Recycled parts from cheap drones.

I am going to assume the answer is depends or no, but..  Can you recycle parts from old drones like a flight controller or ESCs?  I know that I could use a flight controller from my phantom obviously, but one of the cheap kids toy drones, or are the majority of them single boards with a the components of the flight controller built into the board?  One of the ones I'm looking at is a WLTOYS V262 UFO model, it looks like the Parrot AR2.0 and I haven't taken it apart yet, but the limited info online shows that it has a board with jumpers for motor connection and a jumper for the camera.  So in essence would I be able to take this out, use a different camera, motors and battery an put it on a completely different frame?  I understand the work involved, if possible, and I understand that I may be wasting my time, but I have it sitting in the garage doing nothing, no battery for it.  I have a 3d printer for frame or parts.  I don't really want to get it back up and working as is because I have much better drones and this was a $10 flea market buy that worked for a few days and died, but it might be fun to sit down with one of my kids and tinker.  I've got some broken drones as well that have parts I'm going to salvage if I can, mainly the motors and batteries for testing and playing, but I wanted to see if anyone else had any luck with junk drones and building better?  I see drone lots on eBay for cheap drones all the time and think maybe these could be upgraded, repurposed.  Again I realize this may be a waste of time.  I'm not trying to reinvent the drone, I'm not looking for a cheap alternative to a good drone and I'm not trying to build some great DIY build, I'm trying to learn on the cheap or free with stuff I've already got collecting dust  if possible.  I hate throwing out stuff like this.  When I was a kid I used to take apart things to put into homemade cars, mostly just a battery to a motor and go, but now that I have a small understanding of RC I think this could be fun again.