Hi there,

I’m just starting to get into videography and the next thing that I would love to add to my shots is aerial views – and what better way to do this than with a drone.

I have a go pro that doesn’t get used much and I was wondering if you had any advice on any beginner drones I could buy that I could attach my go pro silver 4 to?

I think this would be the best option for me.

Cheers

Conner

Hey @Conner! Welcome and thanks for taking our email conversation to the forum :)

So if you already have a GoPro, you have a few options. Depending on your budget / what your initial goals are, I'd look into buying a:

• Yuneec Typhoon G
  • DJI Phantom 2 (older model, can buy used on a site like eBay)
  • 3DR Solo
  • Blade 350 QX3

Curious what others' thoughts might be, but I'd start with this list. Happy to answer any specific questions you have about each of these models.

6 minutes ago, Alan Perlman said:

Hey @Conner! Welcome and thanks for taking our email conversation to the forum :)

So if you already have a GoPro, you have a few options. Depending on your budget / what your initial goals are, I'd look into buying a:

• Yuneec Typhoon G
  • DJI Phantom 2 (older model, can buy used on a site like eBay)
  • 3DR Solo
  • Blade 350 QX3

Curious what others' thoughts might be, but I'd start with this list. Happy to answer any specific questions you have about each of these models.

Thanks for that Alan!

Great advice - it is tricky to find a drone without a camera on the generic ebay/amazon sites however.

From the list above, is the Blade 350 QX3 more of the entry level drone?

As I am beginning I am hesitant to spend a lot of money on something that I know little about. What would your suggestions be for someone looking at a cheaper drone without the camera?

Cheers

Conner

Yes, of the models on this list, the Blade 350 is the most entry-level, although you'd likely be able to find the DJI Phantom 2 for cheaper. The DJI Phantom 4 launched not too long ago, and the 2 was their last Phantom model built for a GoPro.

For cheaper, non-camera drones, check out any of the models on this list:

http://uavcoach.com/cheap-drones-for-beginners/

• 1 month later...