cbecker301

Restrictions on Forum

Hey everyone!

I've been working on getting acquainted with the new forum. So far I like it! Super easy to navigate. However, I found that I am only able to post on this forum. Is anyone else having similar issues or is it just a restriction/setting on my account that I need to mess with?

-Cody

• Like 1

I'm such a Newbie at all of this, but I'll ask the question anyway - What other functions are there?? (Don't laugh too loud)

So that's the thing, Alan. I don't know what I don't know. The previous poster in this topic mentioned that all he could do was "post on this forum". And you understood what he meant and "fixed" it. I have never been part of a "forum" before. So, are there other 'things' (read 'functions') one can do in a forum besides post? I apologize if my previous post was obtuse.

2 hours ago, Brent said:

So that's the thing, Alan. I don't know what I don't know. The previous poster in this topic mentioned that all he could do was "post on this forum". And you understood what he meant and "fixed" it. I have never been part of a "forum" before. So, are there other 'things' (read 'functions') one can do in a forum besides post? I apologize if my previous post was obtuse.

Ah, got it. Creating new topics and replying to existing topics is the core activity of this forum. Maybe I'll make it fancier down the road, but want to keep things simple for now. You also have a profile page you can add a bio / link to your website / some sample images and video to.