Hello Drone Business Owners-

Can any of you provide information on quotes that you would give golf courses?  I was thinking giving quotes in 3 different areas.  Raw footage, edited footage, and an actual marketing video for the country club.  I would appreciate some input on numbers if possible.  If you need more information...please just let me know.

Marc

• Like 1

Hi Marc

I'm in the same boat.  I've scheduled my first golf course project to begin next Tuesday, and I'm wondering how to handle it.  Actually it's more of a golf course/country club/residential community.  Tuesday will be mostly planning and drone demo.  I need to get a better idea of what these guys want and what they expect the finished product to be.  I normally charge $750 for a full day and $400 for a half day, but what worries me is how much post production they'll need. My rates include post up to a point, and I hope they're expecting usable edited footage but not a full marketing video.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

I shot the golf course.  Spent a very long day and a half.  But I had what I now consider to be the excellent idea to use the Litchi app to set the waypoints.  Litchi allows you to set waypoints remotely on a Google Maps satellite view and then go to the site & fly the route.  I works extremely well and gives much greater camera and gimbal control.  I'm posting the tenth hole.  This is unedited video.  Under Litchi the drone flys to the point you set as the start and then follows the waypoints.  You can set altitude and speed as well as points of interest  which the camera will point at.  Very Cool! Worked flawlessly.  I wouldn't attempt a job like this any other way.  It actually flew out of my sight - I had an assistant midway down the fairway keeping it in view. Also the golfers you see were part of the set up. I left the return flight in the video.  I don't know how to edit this stuff!

watch?v=Zy2P9CZS348&feature=em-share_vid

Edited by Silk Purse
I screwed it up
  • Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

I am using Litchi big time. I love it as do many of its users.  I'm using it only for waypoints stuff, and it offers much greater and better control over where the camera is pointing than the DJI Go app. Go requires you to fly to each waypoint to set it.  In Litchi you can preset the waypoints on a google maps satellite view.  Since you can also add points of interest at which the camera will point, you have vastly better camera control.  Litchi allows you to be much more productive.  I recently videoed a golf course.  First day I spent about 3 hours trying to set up one hole in the Go app. I went home, fired up Litchi, and when I went back, I was able to shoot 7 holes in about a 10 hour day.  I would not do work like that any other way.

There are a couple of cautions: You need internet access on site in order to sync your controller with the Litchi server and download your preset flight routes.  Second, there have been reports of a loss of communication between the controller & the drone during flight.  This is apparently caused by a conflict between Litchi and the Go app.You need to make sure no remnant of Go is still running when you're using Litchi.  To do that on an android device you go to Settings > Apps > DJI Go and hit Force Stop.  For good measure cycle power too.  I run Litchi on a separate tablet. Good unbranded Android tablets are dirt cheap these days - under a c-note.

I think those 2 problems are why Litchi has gotten some bad reviews.  Both are avoidable if you know what you're doing.  I have not experienced any problems whatsoever. And for $26, how could you go wrong?

• Like 1