Here's one for the group... I have a Phantom 4 and just purchased the iPad mini 2 WiFi.  My problem is that my screen on the iPad will display green on top and grey on the bottom. Then it will display a clear picture.  Only to start again!  Do I have the wrong iPad?   Thanks in advance!!

@Tony Rushing, I am not sure as to the exact issue hopefully someone else on here may have seen this and dealt with it but if not here are my first couple of suggestions: 1) remove the dji go app completely and reinstall (if you run any third party apps litchi, etc you will want to ensure they are not running in the background and test if that is the issue first). Next make sure that all of the firmware and software is updated on the controller, the drone, and your device. Let us know if this helps.

• Like 2

Tony

I had the exact setup...and the exact issue. I read every blog I could to acquire some information that would allow me to use the Mini 2 with my Phantom 4.  Unfortunately it never quite settled in to where I felt completely comfortable with it.

I had just purchased the Mini 2 and ended up taking it back and getting the Mini 4 with 16GB. I don't plan on using it much more than with my Phantom so I stayed with the base GB setup.

I have sense flown my rig with the Mini 4 and it performed flawlessly!

Hope this helps

• Like 1

Hey everyone I am flying a phantom 4 using my I phone 6s, and having the same problems. I was just wandering if the iPad mini 4 is a better option? Thanks for any advice and safe flying!

On 7/24/2016 at 6:58 PM, bujinkai said:

Tony

I had the exact setup...and the exact issue. I read every blog I could to acquire some information that would allow me to use the Mini 2 with my Phantom 4.  Unfortunately it never quite settled in to where I felt completely comfortable with it.

I had just purchased the Mini 2 and ended up taking it back and getting the Mini 4 with 16GB. I don't plan on using it much more than with my Phantom so I stayed with the base GB setup.

I have sense flown my rig with the Mini 4 and it performed flawlessly!

Hope this helps

@FlipItoo had to upgrade

Just a few comments about the DJI app. I have also experimented with a number of devices before I settled on what I am currently using, which is a Nvidea Sheild. I have read a lot on the DJI forums in the past and a lot of people don't realize that the Go-app requires a device with good processor speed. That is why they have the recommended devices I believe. I tried some of the older stuff also an experienced video lag, etc. You need to be in the minimum processor speed of at least 1.8 ghz in my opionion, and preferably 2.2 ghz or higher.

Thanks for the information Tony and Ricardo this should be very helpful! I am going to purchase something this weekend I will let you guys know how it goes. Safe flying everyone!

• Like 1