scottyrunyan

Cinematography Course

Does anyone know if the cinematography course is still on schedule to release this month. I Part 107 has been keeping everyone busy. I have flown helicopters on video shoots and am really looking forward to learning the other side of things!

• Like 1

On 7/12/2016 at 7:22 PM, scottyrunyan said:

Does anyone know if the cinematography course is still on schedule to release this month. I Part 107 has been keeping everyone busy. I have flown helicopters on video shoots and am really looking forward to learning the other side of things!

If you have not already, make sure to sign up for course launch updates on the below page and check out the promo video for the course! Brendan and I are super excited for you all to begin the course and start interacting with you on the content.

http://learn.uavcoach.com/courses/aerial-cinematography

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bert said:

Any word on the cinematography course?

Hi @Bert,

I responded to your question about this on another thread but forgot to tag your name in it so not sure if you saw it.

We are making some changes to the course to make it more heavy on the post-production end based on the feeling we are getting from potential students around the community. So, I don't have an exact idea of the release time yet since we are still recording the lectures (going into the studio today actually to do some more). But, if you are signed up for updates on the course page, you will get updates about the release when Alan starts sending them for sure.

Christian

• Like 1

@scottyrunyan Just to let you know, the course has been totally updated to take into account a lot of new material and feedback we got from people around the community regarding what they want to see. Production of the course is done and it should be launching very soon, final touches are being put on the launch plan of the course. We expanded the course to cover more editing topics as well as supplemental topics such as file sharing and collaboration tools for editors. We also are including some awesome case studies that dive deep into some major projects I have worked on, thus giving you an idea of some of the strategies that make videos work well.

I know it's been awhile since the course was originally slated to go up, but I think it will be worth the wait for students. :)

• Like 1

Hi Christian,

I've signed up for the course. Will you be dealing with strictly course related questions or can we ask for advice on upcoming shoots?

RG
EyeSky 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, RG said:

Hi Christian,

I've signed up for the course. Will you be dealing with strictly course related questions or can we ask for advice on upcoming shoots?

RG
EyeSky 

Thanks for signing up! Looking forward to working with you on growing your editing skills. In general, course related questions and questions that pertain to content or theories taught in the course, however, I am happy to answer any other questions as best as I can. Start another thread in this section of the forum with your questions and I'll respond there. That way we keep it all organized.

Best,

C

• Like 1

I'm currently going through the course Module 2 Working in Timeline Part 1 and one thing I haven't been able to find is the orange line under the clips showing what clips have been added to the timeline. I'm guessing it's a feature that is turned off in the upgraded version or maybe missing in general. I also noticed a blue line was showing in the section Final Cut Pro 10.2 vs 10.3. Are there new menu options for marking the clips. Thanks for any help. It might be really helpful if somewhere there could be a section that shows preferences or system settings that we might have set different than yours if that is something that might cause us to not have the same features showing. 

Thanks!

Paula

Also I think related when adding transitions, it does not show both clips and the transition between them. Under Preferences, the option Show Detailed Trimming Feedback is checked.

There also is no orange bar showing the rendering in the timeline. Am I missing a preference or checkbox somewhere?

Thanks,

Paula

Hi @Paula P,

Nice to see you working through the lectures! I am not sure what you mean by the "blue line showing in the section". What section are you referring to?

And yes, that is the way to show the used portion of clips. It used to be enabled by default on FCP X v10.2.

The reason why I did not do an actual section of the lecture dedicated to settings is because there really are not many settings at all if you take a look in FCP X preferences. And the settings it does provide are more personal settings rather than essential settings for editing.

I know I did mention the detailed trimming feedback button. That shows split viewer clips when you are moving an edit point between two clips using the trim tool. It does not show both clips when you are dragging and dropping a transition to the timeline.

Let me know what you think!

C

• Like 1

Thanks! Got it! Also, am I posting in the correct section? Should I have started a new thread? Not too familiar with forums and where to post. Thanks!

Can someone please tell me where to find the link to download the files mentioned that are used for the Cinematography course?  I'm new to all this as well but I can tell this is truly a good place to come for research and to learn.  I thank you in advance.