jpalamaro

And Oldie but Newbie (not goody necessarily)

The idea of a drone has captured my imagination for quite some time and of course in my typical way, jumped right in with no experience and common sense. I am the proud owner of a DJI Phantom 4 with hopes someday of who knows what. 'A fool and his money are soon parted . . .' but at near 76 years old not a lot of time to wait around and I could afford it, and say this without arrogance. I thought the DJI Phantom 4 a nice entry-level drone, even purchased the 'crash plan' LOL. But, have not had the time due to some personal circumstances to even test fly the drone. 

As far as background, have been in the computer industry most of my life, after a 6 year stint in the USAF; flew with the Typhoon Chasers in the Pacific, where we penetrated and tracked the eye of all typhoons. Our sister squadron at the time was called Hurricane Hunters and they were more famous than we due to proximity of USA. 

I have been a long time still photographer with no experience in videography. Don't envision ever doing anything commercially, as I own an Information Technology company that keeps me busy enough.

Am located in Jacksonville, FL, USA, and hope this post doesn't smack of arrogance, as sometimes the written word doesn't convey exactly LOL.

Edited by jpalamaro
misspelled word
  • Like 1