Hi, I'm Karen and I was really looking for a new way to make money, and some-one introduced me to Drones. I took a class a couple of weeks back &  I'm really interested in doing this. I only have the limited experience of flying that I did at the class, but now I'm looking to buy one of the beginner Drones to get started. I'm very excited to move forward into a new business!

Even got my new name...Flyhidrones.com...

Edited by Karjoy55
additional info
  • Like 1

Hi RemotelyPossible, thanks for welcoming me! I loved the class I took, I was a complete beginner and they taught me so much about Drones and also marketing. They recommended the best Drones to start with, but I got a SYMA X5 as I don't need to be crashing an expensive one! I flew the Phantom 4 at the class, and I realize that this is a serious Drone, much different to the little Syma.

I'm very excited to be involved in such a new market!

• Like 1

Yes, I will. Went out for the first time yesterday with my Syma X5 SW but the breeze was too much for it. Couldn't control it as it is so light. Many crashes!!...

Will find somewhere else that's not so windy, then hopefully I'll be able to take pix.

I'll get the hang of it!

Karen

5 hours ago, Karjoy55 said:

Yes, I will. Went out for the first time yesterday with my Syma X5 SW but the breeze was too much for it. Couldn't control it as it is so light. Many crashes!!...

Will find somewhere else that's not so windy, then hopefully I'll be able to take pix.

I'll get the hang of it!

Karen

Welcome, I use to use an Ares Ethos FPV. It was difficult to handle in 5-7 knot winds. So I searched the web for good weather sites. I use wunderground, accuweather, weather.com. I purchased an anemometer, and a compass. I use wunderground the most, it gives me the current wind speed of the location I want to fly,  if that location is to high, I will search other places, trying to find the spot that is blocked by the wind. If the wind is too high, safety first, I won't fly.