New Drone Manufacturer Seeks Test Pilots for Beta Program

Howdy folks,

My name is Benjamin Fenigsohn, I'm the SVP of Business Development for Advanced Aircraft Company, LLC, manufacturers of the Hybrid Advanced Multi Rotor (HAMR) drone. We represent the next phase in part-107 compliant UASs: veteran-owned, 100% made in America, 3-4 hour flight times, and capable of seven pounds of payload. This is NOT your average remote controlled hybrid: think six rotors, 10.5'x4.5'x3.5', and custom-made to be aerodynamic in flight. For this reason we are not mass-market, nor are we designed for crop spraying or cargo transport. Instead, specialty imaging and surveillance/inspection missions that involve long flight times and specialty camera equipment.

We were formed in October of 2015 with the sole purpose of disrupting the drone industry. Our CEO is an ex-Marine infantry officer and NASA engineer and has spent the past five years preparing for our market arrival in autumn of this year. 

To that end we are looking for commercial part-107 compliant drone pilots to enroll in our beta program, test our creation, and provide pre-sales feedback. Take it out on a job, compare it with what you're used to, and tell us everything - good and bad. 

Does this sound like something you'd be interested in? Think you can handle something of this size, weight, and market? Let me know directly or in this thread as well as questions or comments you may have. I've included a spec sheet and executive summary to get started and don't forget to check out some flight action below! *MUST BE USA BASED*

Video of our drone in action: 

Thanks!

AAC Exec Summary 2020 08 21.pdf AAC HAMR Specs_Commercial 2020 07 13.pdf

Edited by Benjamin AAC

@Benjamin AAC

Hi, I think this is super cool! I don't have a business yet or do enough work to assist you, but I know an organization called the Civil Ai Patrol. I'm part of their Cadet Programs and they are investing and building an sUAS program. This might be a good option for them, because they're looking for options that have long flight and mapping abilities to use for Search and Rescue and Damage Assessment. The POC is Lt Col Austin Worcester (aworcester@capnhq.gov)

https://www.linkedin.com/in/austin-worcester-24b4a53a

Good morning,

We would be happy to help you beta test your drone. We have experienced part 107 pilots that are also private pilots. The area we could test it in is emergency services.  We currently fly the M 200s, Mavic dual 2 enterprise among other UAVs. 

Thanks in advance,

Wayne Bailey

Chief Pilot

Blue Ridge Mountain Drones

Asheville North Carolina

828-275-4566

• Like 1

Benjamin, I conduct several emergency management, law enforcement, firefighting flights for a local municipality and am always looking at alternative aircrafts. I would be sincerely interested in being a test pilot. You can contact me at kenneth.ennis@pharr-tx.gov

• Like 1

Hello, 

Thanks for posting the opportunity to be a part of this fascinating industry and to possibly share in the excitement of being connected to such a innovative company as yours.

I'm passionate about flying and learning and would feel honored and privileged to play even a small role with your company.

San Diego California based part 107 certified.

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

Thanks

Benjamin,

A Part 107 pilot with more than 230 hours of flight time on multiple drone quad opted drone systems, I have provided engineering and construction companies with drone mapping and data collection services for five years.

If possible, would like to test your UAV system on a several hundred acre government agency project in South Florida To create a mosaic map to track progress over a several month period.

Thank you for your consideration.

David Oakes

david@skydatauav.com

954-647-3924

Hello Benjamin,

Yes I would be interested in learning more about beta testing your HAMR drone.

My company is Pixel Magic and we specialize in 3D CGI visual effects for TV and feature films.  Most recently I just completed Raised By Wolves for HBOMAX.

We use drones to create very high end photogrammetry that we then create 3D models for integration into films and tv programs.  We also shoot high quality video for tv and movies.

We have Part 107 experience and multi engine instrument rated fixed wing experience.

You can reach me at raymond@pixelmagicfx.com.  We are based in California and Louisiana.  I shoot all over the US.

Cheers, Ray McIntyre

Pixel Magic 

President 

www.pixelmagicfx.com

• Like 1
On 10/20/2020 at 1:46 PM, Benjamin AAC said:

Howdy folks,

My name is Benjamin Fenigsohn, I'm the SVP of Business Development for Advanced Aircraft Company, LLC, manufacturers of the Hybrid Advanced Multi Rotor (HAMR) drone. We represent the next phase in part-107 compliant UASs: veteran-owned, 100% made in America, 3-4 hour flight times, and capable of seven pounds of payload. This is NOT your average remote controlled hybrid: think six rotors, 10.5'x4.5'x3.5', and custom-made to be aerodynamic in flight. For this reason we are not mass-market, nor are we designed for crop spraying or cargo transport. Instead, specialty imaging and surveillance/inspection missions that involve long flight times and specialty camera equipment.

We were formed in October of 2015 with the sole purpose of disrupting the drone industry. Our CEO is an ex-Marine infantry officer and NASA engineer and has spent the past five years preparing for our market arrival in autumn of this year. 

To that end we are looking for commercial part-107 compliant drone pilots to enroll in our beta program, test our creation, and provide pre-sales feedback. Take it out on a job, compare it with what you're used to, and tell us everything - good and bad. 

Does this sound like something you'd be interested in? Think you can handle something of this size, weight, and market? Let me know directly or in this thread as well as questions or comments you may have. I've included a spec sheet and executive summary to get started and don't forget to check out some flight action below! *MUST BE USA BASED*

Video of our drone in action: 

Thanks!

AAC Exec Summary 2020 08 21.pdfUnavailable AAC HAMR Specs_Commercial 2020 07 13.pdfUnavailable

Part 107 FAA Commercial UAF licensed pilot near Nashville, TN (Franklin, TN). Would love to test fly your drone and provide feedback. Two years of commercial experience.

(615) 351-3697. Leave a message.

gardiner.jones@gmail.com

Edited by Gardiner

I would like to assist in testing your drones. I've been flying drones now for almost two years. I currently own a Yuneec Typhoon and a DJI Mavic Pro 2. I live in Modesto, CA, let me know if I can be of any assistants.

Mr. Fenigsohn,

I am a former Air Force Instructor Pilot and Commercial Airline Pilot with more than 5,500 flight hours.  I recently formed my own DSP LLC, and would be happy to provide beta testing for this new UAV.  I am in the Dallas/Ft Worth area.  

Please contact me at maforkner@gmail.com if you would like me to participate.

I made an account just to respond to you.

I am very interested. Mechanical Engineer here i'll be sure to checkout/appreciate the design choices made here while and a part-107 compliant just over 100 hours of flight.

Located in California

Edited by williamm
On 10/24/2020 at 3:38 PM, Ray McIntyre said:

Hello Benjamin,

Yes I would be interested in learning more about beta testing your HAMR drone.

My company is Pixel Magic and we specialize in 3D CGI visual effects for TV and feature films.  Most recently I just completed Raised By Wolves for HBOMAX.

We use drones to create very high end photogrammetry that we then create 3D models for integration into films and tv programs.  We also shoot high quality video for tv and movies.

We have Part 107 experience and multi engine instrument rated fixed wing experience.

You can reach me at raymond@pixelmagicfx.com.  We are based in California and Louisiana.  I shoot all over the US.

Cheers, Ray McIntyre

Pixel Magic 

President 

www.pixelmagicfx.com

Is this Ray McIntyre Jr?  If so, this is Chuck Spaulding, used to work with Ray Feeney at RFX.  It’s a bit strange, but welcome to run across acquaintances from my past life.   

Ray is a partner with me in: https://aerialalchemy.com.  We started in 2014 as a service provider, kind of like RFX of drones.  We design and manufacture our own sUAVs and customers keep asking us if we’d sell them our technology.  We’ve decided to start manufacturing our UAV’s for sale.  We’re like Freefly but our drones are better...

Anyway, it’s nice to hear from someone in the past.  

1 hour ago, Av8Chuck said:

Is this Ray McIntyre Jr?  If so, this is Chuck Spaulding, used to work with Ray Feeney at RFX.  It’s a bit strange, but welcome to run across acquaintances from my past life.   

Ray is a partner with me in: https://aerialalchemy.com.  We started in 2014 as a service provider, kind of like RFX of drones.  We design and manufacture our own sUAVs and customers keep asking us if we’d sell them our technology.  We’ve decided to start manufacturing our UAV’s for sale.  We’re like Freefly but our drones are better...

Anyway, it’s nice to hear from someone in the past.  

Hi Chuck, yes this Ray McIntyre Jr., it has been a long time and I hope you are well.  Yes indeed this is an interesting way for us to run into each other!  From visual effects to drones, small world.  I looked at your site, very cool.  Say hi to Ray Feeney.  Cheers, Ray 

Hello,

I’ve recently started a disaster response initiative within my company at Charter Communications using drones and small radios, providing aerial wireless coverage. I currently fly a DJI Matrice 600 Pro with custom made brackets for the tethering and radio equipment that attaches to it. I’m also Part 107 certified with over 100 hours of flying time. I would like to be part of your beta program. I feel I could provide valuable feedback for your new drone program.

Thank you,

Matt Hubbard

Charter Wireless R&D

• Like 1

Good morning.  We do a lot of progressive construction shoots, commercial Aerial video/photos and oceanic shoots. 

We would be glad to help you and give you some good honest feedback on a weekly basis.

Devin Foor

www.DronEyeSolutions.com

(919) 235-2205

Hi. My name is Jim Marcum. I am the UAS Remote P.I.C. with Tyler County, WV Emergency Management (Search and Rescue Team). We are partnered with Department of Homeland Security, FEMA, and the Health Department. We perform missions by air, land, and water. We also work in unison with law enforcement incidents and other emergency services departments/agencies. I am a Veteran of the U.S. Air Force (Retired). I am a UAS instructor/trainer and teach a formal UAS remote pilot prep course to prepare students for the UAS Remote Pilot Part 107 exam as well as helping other municipal departments/agencies in the implementation of a UAS program within their department/agency. I am also the owner and lead UAS remote pilot for Aeromedia Productions (aerial video and photo capturing). You can visit our website at www.flyin4u.com to view some of my work as well as a list of my current and former clients with most of them being large corporations and businesses. I specialize in commercial and residential real estate, roof assessments, insurance claims assessments, sporting events, and much more. I have been flying UAS remote aircraft for approximately 12 years and am Part 107 certified. I am also a member of AIRT (Airborne International Response Team) and Droners I.O., the worlds largest network of commercial drone pilots. Some of my additional certifications include Wilderness Search and Rescue, Hazardous Materials Technician, Confined Space Rescue, Cave Rescue and Vertical (high angle) Rescue. Note: All certifications and credentials can be verified upon request. I have read the Executive Summary of your HAMR UAS and am very impressed with its features and capabilities. It would be an honor to serve in a role of Test Pilot for this aircraft. Feel free to contact me at jammer@suddenlink.net. Thank you very much for your time and consideration and look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,

Jim Marcum

@Benjamin AAC do you have all the beta testers you need?  

I recommend that we lock this thread. The OP has never replied publicly and when people offer free stuff or ask for beta testers these types of threads tend to drag on forever.  

• Like 1