Greetings from Alaska

Hi all,

I'm new to sUAS and UAV Coach, having discovered the forum while reading up on flight basics. I am excited to learn and hang out a bit round these parts. For now, I am sticking to hobby flying. Aerial photography would be fun to eventually get into, but so would racing... the possibilities!

I have worked in aviation for six years and worn a few hats in air cargo and ground service contracting. I am fascinated by commercial aircraft and the biz in general.

When I'm waiting on batteries to finish charging, I'm a dad for two babies - ages 3 and 1 year old. I also play electric bass and love listening to music, especially American and Latin jazz.

Thanks for having me,

M

20201024_212528_Easy-Resize.com.jpg

Edited by twinjet

Hi @twinjet

Welcome to the UAV Coach Community Forum! There are so many possibilities with drones and what they can do. I really enjoy aerial photography, I find the process and overall final product more interesting than ground photography. Not only is flying the drone fun, but it's also showing people a new perspective of something. 

How do you like your Tello drone? I have heard they are a great drones for the features, and price. 

- Chase 

2 minutes ago, Chase Flynn | UAV Coach said:

Hi @twinjet

Welcome to the UAV Coach Community Forum! There are so many possibilities with drones and what they can do. I really enjoy aerial photography, I find the process and overall final product more interesting than ground photography. Not only is flying the drone fun, but it's also showing people a new perspective of something. 

How do you like your Tello drone? I have heard they are a great drones for the features, and price. 

- Chase 

Hiya,

My wife got the Tello for me as a birthday present. Being my first "real" (?) drone, I have nothing to compare it to. I owned a toy from Best Buy some years ago that was fun, but was strictly a toy.

That being said, I'm really excited to start this hobby. The Tello is super user-friendly and safe. Like a real pilot does, I have taken to logbook entries to document the time and journey. I would love to eventually get more serious with this and go for a 107 license!

--M

• Like 1