Ronk

3D mapping software for Inspire1 pro X5

All looking for a 3D mapping software for my Inspire1 Pro X5 has anyone had any luck with any apps, I know the SDK is still looming to be released for this bird but wanted to get some opinions

Not tried it yet but have spoken to the guys at Drone Deploy and what they are doing looks good. My only concern at the moment is for locations with no or dodgy signals. That said, it is worth checking out. 

Edited by IMann
typo

Ronk - Can you be a bit clearer on what you are looking for? Are you looking to create 3D models? Or just capture the images? 

If you want to create 3D models, you are going to want a bit of computing power and some software. Photoscan (Agisoft) and Pix4D are two of the more popular programs.

There are some online processing tools. Maps Made Easy will generate 3D models, as will Drone Deploy. I'd suggest Drone Deploy currently as they have a specific button to process structures and I like their pricing plan better. Both have apps to generate autonomous flights for mapping. Depending on what you are hoping to get in 3D, you get can get decent models just from those mapping flights if you have high amounts of overlap. 

***I also haven't done any mapping with the X5 yet, but if MME or DD doesn't currently support it, you should just reach out to them. Their apps do all of the heavy lifting and it they'd just need to adjust the FOV for the camera as a choice. These two are the most likely to fit your needs I'm guessing.  

Edited by Lewis@IcarusAerials

I could also be mistaken as I haven't tested this feature out, but you can do flight plans on MME's website where you can set the specs of your camera and plan a flight. That would be a good option. Last I knew the MME app was only available for iOS, but this might have changed?