hexacopter

Hello so I am building a Qwinout F550 hex copter and I am at a point where I'm stuck. I had accidentally ordered without the transmitter, receiver and battery.  After relizing that i ordered the parts needed and thought i had everything. I put everything together and then was able to bind the reciever to the transmitter and the motors were able to spin the smallest amount. But when i went to lift the throttle the motors wouldnt spin. I wasnt sure whats wrong because binded everything and its obvious the motors do work. And is there a way i could get it up and running without having to use betaflight.

Happy New Year.   Although this is a drone related forum it’s focused more on the applications and business models and less on DIY.  A small percentage of people on this forum build their own UAVs.  

You’re more likely to get the help you need faster on Facebook or other forums like RCGroups.com. 

On 12/30/2020 at 11:26 AM, mystical said:

Hello so I am building a Qwinout F550 hex copter and I am at a point where I'm stuck. I had accidentally ordered without the transmitter, receiver and battery.  After relizing that i ordered the parts needed and thought i had everything. I put everything together and then was able to bind the reciever to the transmitter and the motors were able to spin the smallest amount. But when i went to lift the throttle the motors wouldnt spin. I wasnt sure whats wrong because binded everything and its obvious the motors do work. And is there a way i could get it up and running without having to use betaflight.

I'm surprised these kits are still being sold as they are realty dated and not good value for money. If you want to build a DIY drone its better to look into these open source projects. There are forums and facebook groups so you get plenty of help if needed.

https://ardupilot.org

I had quick look at that kit and it seems to include the frame, motors, ESCs, props and a flight controller that can run some "2012" software. You might be able to use most of the parts but I would get a more up to date flight controller and install Arducopter although I did not see if that kit included a compass/GPS module.