Looking for a mentor near Las Vegas

Hello, I am new to the drone world and I am looking for a mentor/training. I am located in Henderson, NV, just outside of Las Vegas. I am most interested in utility inspections and drone surveying/mapping. Any assistance or guidance is greatly appreciated. Thank you!!!

Edited by Todd Z

Hi Todd, welcome to the forum.

It will be interesting to see if there's anyone in the LV area willing to mentor others.  I suspect it will be hard to find someone, mostly because although there has been considerable press regarding the expansion of the use of drones in the utility industry, its still a very small percentage of 107s actually doing this for a living.

About the only thing I can think that people interested in the type of work can do is more of what your already doing.  Hunt around different forums, filter out the wannabe's from the people who are actually doing this and ask them a lot of questions.

This is very difficult in the drone industry because most people online are trying to talk you into using what they're using instead of focusing on the requirements, technique for collecting the data, and business model.