My UAV Build

17 hours ago, Av8Chuck said:

It might not be the GPS.  Did you check the compass on anything else.  Chances are the Pixhawk is a clone.  I'd suggest purchasing a Ardupilot/PX4 based flight controller from an authorized reseller like AUAV.  It might cost more but the clones can take so much time to debug its probably not worth the savings.

Yes, I exchanged the GPS/Compass between my hex, which has the new Pixhawk and my Quad, which uses an APM and the issue followed the new GPS/Compass to the Quad. I've left the Quad's GPS/Compass on the hex so I can make a test flight. Does AUAV sell a regular Pixhawk ?. Anyway I might just get a Pixhawk 2.1 + Here GPS when they are more readily available.

Sounds like your well plugged in.  

No one sells a regular Pixhawk, if by regular you mean what 3DR manufactured, all others are clones.  I don't care about clones, but most of them have problems.

AUAV manufactured the X2, which was a Plug-n-Play replacement for the Pixhawk.  The PixRacer which uses the FMU4 and hopefully soon to be released X2.1, which is not the PixHawk 2.1 - the PixHawk 2.1 is actually an older design and I think uses the FMU2.  If that's not confusing enough...

I have about 20 of the X2's and a couple prerelease X2.1's.  The X2's have been excellent, hopeing for more of the same with the 2.1's.

25 minutes ago, Av8Chuck said:

Sounds like your well plugged in.  

No one sells a regular Pixhawk, if by regular you mean what 3DR manufactured, all others are clones.  I don't care about clones, but most of them have problems.

AUAV manufactured the X2, which was a Plug-n-Play replacement for the Pixhawk.  The PixRacer which uses the FMU4 and hopefully soon to be released X2.1, which is not the PixHawk 2.1 - the PixHawk 2.1 is actually an older design and I think uses the FMU2.  If that's not confusing enough...

I have about 20 of the X2's and a couple prerelease X2.1's.  The X2's have been excellent, hopeing for more of the same with the 2.1's.

I did mean the 3DR style Pixhawk that 3DR use to make. Looks like the X2 is out of stock. Did you buy them all :) ? I'll take a closer look at AUAV, thanks for the information.