Ted Creighton

First Real Estate Job (over water)

Hi friends - just sharing my first Real Estate job, and the conquering of my (purely psychological fear of flying over water). Thanks to Alan's fine training !!!!!!!

TC

PS - if you have never been to Durango, CO, come visit - lots of open space to fly and film.

• Like 2

Gorgeous property! And very well presented, but camera motion is a bit jerky and unsteady in pans and tilts.  It looks like you were controlling it manually, and it's a hard problem to beat.  If you're flying a Phantom or an Inspire, I strongly suggest you look into Litchi - https://flylitchi.com/.  For minimal cost and a moderate learning curve, you can vastly improve a lot of the shortcomings of manual flight.

• Like 2

Alan - just a new item/curve for me, but what do you think/say about the "Litchchi" for eliminating some of the "jerkiness" of camera?

TC

Gorgeous property! And very well presented, but camera motion is a bit jerky and unsteady in pans and tilts.  It looks like you were controlling it manually, and it's a hard problem to beat.  If you're flying a Phantom or an Inspire, I strongly suggest you look into Litchi - https://flylitchi.com/.  For minimal cost and a moderate learning curve, you can vastly improve a lot of the shortcomings of manual flight.

Hello  - thanks for the comments and your recommendation for Litchi - I downloaded it and going through some of the tutorials now. Very impressive - you are right - minimal cost ($22) and I am making headway with the App. Going slow, but anxious to get to know the App. better.

TC

One caution using Litchi:  I have read of ( but have not experienced) a potential conflict between the DJI Go app & Litchi. if Go or a remnant of it is running when you run Ltchi there is a possibility of a loss of connection between your controller & your drone.  To prevent that you need to make sure Go is completely shut down before starting Litchi.  On an android device you can go to settings > Apps, select DJI Go & hit Force Stop.  Cycling power should also work. You could also run Litchi on a separate device, which is what I do.

22 hours ago, Silk Purse said:

One caution using Litchi:  I have read of ( but have not experienced) a potential conflict between the DJI Go app & Litchi. if Go or a remnant of it is running when you run Ltchi there is a possibility of a loss of connection between your controller & your drone.  To prevent that you need to make sure Go is completely shut down before starting Litchi.  On an android device you can go to settings > Apps, select DJI Go & hit Force Stop.  Cycling power should also work. You could also run Litchi on a separate device, which is what I do.

Very true in my experience there is nothing potential, it always causes and issue, so ensure you fully close down DJI GO. Hopefully there API will play nicely someday but until then this can be an issue.

On 7/31/2016 at 2:53 PM, Ted Creighton said:

Alan - just a new item/curve for me, but what do you think/say about the "Litchchi" for eliminating some of the "jerkiness" of camera?

Haven't personally used Litchi so cannot comment (yet...mu wha ha).