Hi, I'm Tolga.  I wanted to introduce myself here.  Looks like a vibrant community.  Good to be able to join.

I started the hobby when I found a deal for a $20 drone back in 2017 and bought a few to give away as small gifts and kept one to play around for myself.   I got a few extra batteries for it and it looked fun.  On about the 4th time I flew it, it went too far and got out of radio range (for this toy drone, that was like 500 feet horizontal) and even though I tried to get it to come back to me, it kept going forward.  Not sure how far it went, but I never found it!

My attention got back into this field when I saw DJI will be releasing a FPV drone.  FPV flight has really interested me for a long time, but I really didn't want to get into building one myself.  The cost of the DJI FPV drone is likely going to be two orders of magnitude higher than my last $20 drone, but I can't wait to get into it.

During Christmas, since I couldn't yet buy the DJI FPV Drone, I decided to study and get my FAA Part 107 Certification.  Passed the test with a 93 and got my temporary certification yesterday!

Now if I only had a drone to fly.