Which Drone Will be Best for Aerial Photography Shoot?

It really depends on the requirement of your shoots.  As far being able to purchase a drone and camera off the shelf it's pretty hard to beat the I2 w/X7.  But if your looking to carry a Red Dragon, Arri or even a Panasonic GH5 or Sony A7R4 then you need a different make and model of drone.  Plus like most professional things, they tend to be all about manual control so that you can control every aspect of a shot, if the I2 meets your needs then there's not much reason I can think of to go with something different, but if it doesn't you'll spend a lot of money and time trying to get a non DJI camera and gimbal to work on a DJI drone.  

Here's a couple of video's that show our drones at work>

• 1 month later...

If you ask me, the DJI Mavic Air 2 is the best drone for budding aerial photographers and videographers because of its automated obstacle avoidance and 4K camera, as well as how easy it is to fly. It offers all of that for $800 (or $1,000 in the Fly More Combo we recommend because everyone should invest in extra batteries), which we think is an impressive value considering the Mavic 2 Pro costs twice as much for a better camera but otherwise older technology. 

Aerial cinematography is more about the camera than the drone. If you want to make money on anything more than click bait on YouTube then your going to need a camera much better than what’s available on any  model of Phantom or MAVIC. 

the first DJI camera that should be used professionally was the X5, probably still the best, the X7 is too temperamental and fragile. The only reason to use an X7 professionally is because the DP is an idiot and thinks the 7 is better than a 5 because it’s a bigger number...

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 2/16/2021 at 3:36 PM, Av8Chuck said:

It really depends on the requirement of your shoots.  As far being able to purchase a drone and camera off the shelf it's pretty hard to beat the I2 w/X7.  But if your looking to carry a Red Dragon, Arri or even a Panasonic GH5 or Sony A7R4 then you need a different make and model of drone.  Plus like most professional things, they tend to be all about manual control so that you can control every aspect of a shot, if the I2 meets your needs then there's not much reason I can think of to go with something different, but if it doesn't you'll spend a lot of money and time trying to get a non DJI camera and gimbal to work on a DJI drone.  

Here's a couple of video's that show our drones at work>

Some good stuff here man! Thanks for sharing :D