Does anyone have hands on use of the MicaSense product and is it worth the steep cost over a filtered gopro or other prosumer multispectral camera?  Is there anything else that I should look at that compares with the RedEdge?

On 8/26/2016 at 3:02 PM, kevlar said:

Hello Juggernaught,

I was also looking for less pricey options and found these guys....

http://www.mapir.camera/collections/cameras

Regards,

Kevin

Thanks for the site.  I am actually going with SlantRange and their software at least starting out.  I am needing some thing that is pretty precise and fast...the slantrange starts processing the images while I am still flying allowing me to have minimal time on ground stitching and more time flying.  It's very expensive, but I am hoping it will give me the leg up on any other competition that may be around.

How are you going to be working your pricing options for farmers?  Since this is new enough I am unsure farmers will be willing to be go much beyond 3.50/acre.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Juggernaught said:

Thanks for the site.  I am actually going with SlantRange and their software at least starting out.  I am needing some thing that is pretty precise and fast...the slantrange starts processing the images while I am still flying allowing me to have minimal time on ground stitching and more time flying.  It's very expensive, but I am hoping it will give me the leg up on any other competition that may be around.

How are you going to be working your pricing options for farmers?  Since this is new enough I am unsure farmers will be willing to be go much beyond 3.50/acre.

Haven't seen SlantRange yet, so thank YOU for the site as well. 

I haven't gotten quite that far yet. I live in a rural area and I am still gauging awareness and interest. That and I don't have enough time on my equipment to be confident with it. There are two farmers I spoke with who would be willing to be guinea pigs while I learn, they have around 3K acres each in corn and beans. What are you flying may I ask?    

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, kevlar said:

Haven't seen SlantRange yet, so thank YOU for the site as well. 

I haven't gotten quite that far yet. I live in a rural area and I am still gauging awareness and interest. That and I don't have enough time on my equipment to be confident with it. There are two farmers I spoke with who would be willing to be guinea pigs while I learn, they have around 3K acres each in corn and beans. What are you flying may I ask?    

Haven't got it yet, but it's purchased.  Should be getting the matrice 100 end of next week.  Will have two batteries on top, z3 in the front, slant range towards the rear.  It's larger than the sequoia, but that onboard processing sealed it.

• Like 1