Proposed Drone Integration and Zoning Act

The Drone Integration and Zoning Act is a bad idea, as I see it, and I will be writing to my Congressional representatives to make sure they know how I feel. Putting the onus of airspace regulation up to 200 feet AGL on local governments will be a disaster. It's already difficult enough to identify land use restrictions from city to city, county to county, and state to state, so to add variable airspace rules into that mix is just a problem waiting to happen for drone pilots and everyone else. Think about the complexities of having to administer infringements that occur right around 200 feet, or right at the edge of a city boundary where rules differ. What will happen? There are so many issues with this proposal.

See the Drone News Roundup for more info, and email your representatives (https://www.usa.gov/elected-officials) to let them know how you feel also. I would be interested to hear your thoughts about this proposed Bill, so please comment.

Edited by Kenny B