Hello! I've recently been working on a drone project for university and have run into a couple of hurdles that I was hoping some of you may be able to help with.

To start I've been using a Tarot x-8 frame using the CUAV Nano V5+ as a flight controller.

A couple of the issues I've run into so far are.

• The landing gear is in the down position but because the switch shows the up position it will not allow take-off
  • Is there any way to ensure that all of the motors are spinning at the same speed in software? We had a rather unsuccessful test flight that I will attatch.
  • Setting more than a couple flight modes in QGroundControl, I was able to rudimentarily set a couple flight modes but was unable to use the takeoff mode.

Our first test flight resulted in the drone taking off up and to the left and promptly crashing. I'm not sure if this was my error or the error of how I set the flight modes.

Here is a video of our first test flight maybe it can give some insights as to what mistakes I've made. 

https://youtu.be/dOgStfmURcs

I'm hoping someone here can lend me a hand!

Thanks. Alex

On 3/17/2021 at 11:45 AM, amontminy said:

Hello! I've recently been working on a drone project for university and have run into a couple of hurdles that I was hoping some of you may be able to help with.

To start I've been using a Tarot x-8 frame using the CUAV Nano V5+ as a flight controller.

A couple of the issues I've run into so far are.

• The landing gear is in the down position but because the switch shows the up position it will not allow take-off
  • Is there any way to ensure that all of the motors are spinning at the same speed in software? We had a rather unsuccessful test flight that I will attatch.
  • Setting more than a couple flight modes in QGroundControl, I was able to rudimentarily set a couple flight modes but was unable to use the takeoff mode.

Our first test flight resulted in the drone taking off up and to the left and promptly crashing. I'm not sure if this was my error or the error of how I set the flight modes.

Here is a video of our first test flight maybe it can give some insights as to what mistakes I've made. 

https://youtu.be/dOgStfmURcs

I'm hoping someone here can lend me a hand!

Thanks. Alex

You don't mention which flight stack you are running but I assume its either PX4 or ArduCopter. From your video the first thing that I would check are the motor directions and associated props (CW or CCW). For ArduCopter 

https://ardupilot.org/copter/docs/connect-escs-and-motors.html

1 hour ago, Av8Chuck said:

They’re using Q-Ground control so I’m guessing PX4.  

QGC also works with ArduCopter so I can't be sure. Its typically used on Android or IOS tablets since MP, until recently, only ran on Windows.

Edited by Spitfire76