dbark

Phantom 3 max SD card size?

Does anyone know what the max size would be? It's listed as 64gb for all other Phantom 3 models on the website but I spoke with DJI tech support several times with differentreps to try and get an answer and they don't have one. They think 16 should work fine but 64 is theoretical they say, there's no guarantee the 64 will work.... I'm at a loss here. 

Specs say Micro SD // Max capacity: 64 GB. Class 10 or UHS-1 rating required.

Maybe I'm missing something though...are you afraid that their information is wrong?

Sorry original post wasn't clear and had a typo. Im asking specifically for the standard. Their is no spec listed on their website for the max size for the standard. They list it for all other Phantom 3 models but not the standard. I've spoke to several reps and a supervisor from DJI and they only guarantee a 16gb will work, 64 theoretically should since it does on the others but they cannot be sure. Wanted to see if someone here has personal experience trying a 64gb card in the Phantom 3 standard. 

OHHH gotcha gotcha. Yeah I'm not sure about that. I guess I'm not sure why it wouldn't work, but it's probably something you'd want to test. Weird that DJI couldn't give you a direct answer. Might be worth reaching back out to get another rep on the phone.

That's awesome thank you for the info. Just out of curiosity, I thought sdhc only went up to 32 gb and that over 32gb and up to 64 gb is sdxc?

• Like 1

Cool... how about the top speed of the micro SD?  It specifies class 10 but there are faster cards out there. Wondering if it would make any difference if a higher speed was used and if it would, 1. improve video recording and 2. actually use the extra speed or would it be limited by the firmware and capabilities of the hardware...specified at class 10.

Edited by meeestermike@gmail.com
format error... 2 spaces after period throws off carriage return setting.

On 8/9/2016 at 10:42 AM, dbark said:

That's awesome thank you for the info. Just out of curiosity, I thought sdhc only went up to 32 gb and that over 32gb and up to 64 gb is sdxc?

It seems things are changing so rapidly, it's hard to keep up...I think every post on the net today should have some sort of date stamp visible to readers...
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/tech/how-to/what-is-the-difference-between-sd-sdhc-sdxc-cards-are-they-all-interchangeable-what-about-mmc-cards/articleshow/7665362.cms

• Like 1

On 8/7/2016 at 8:51 AM, dbark said:

Does anyone know what the max size would be? It's listed as 64gb for all other Phantom 3 models on the website but I spoke with DJI tech support several times with differentreps to try and get an answer and they don't have one. They think 16 should work fine but 64 is theoretical they say, there's no guarantee the 64 will work.... I'm at a loss here. 

On 8/17/2016 at 10:55 PM, meeestermike@gmail.com said:

It seems things are changing so rapidly, it's hard to keep up...I think every post on the net today should have some sort of date stamp visible to readers...
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/tech/how-to/what-is-the-difference-between-sd-sdhc-sdxc-cards-are-they-all-interchangeable-what-about-mmc-cards/articleshow/7665362.cms

I’ve tried a variety of SD cards with my phantom 3 professional so far with no problems. I’m about to prepare my new Yuneec Typhon H ready for flight but I’m gonna use the card that came with package. 
So far I had good feedback from other drone owners regarding the Yuneec drones. 

Any other feedback, please share. 

3 minutes ago, Jose A Santiago said:

I’ve tried a variety of SD cards with my phantom 3 professional so far with no problems. I’m about to prepare my new Yuneec Typhon H ready for flight but I’m gonna use the card that came with package. 
So far I had good feedback from other drone owners regarding the Yuneec drones. 

Any other feedback, please share.