Spitfire76

FlytPOD - Advanced Flight Controller for developers

Oh man, I'm so wary of Indiegogo campaigns. Bought a drone and waited 15 months before receiving it. I only received it after threatening to the CMO that I'd publicly out the company through this forum / our email list :)

Doesn't even fly that well!

I backed a drone campaign on Kickstarter in late 2012 and although I did receive it around April of 2013 I believe some backers never received anything. On the positive side it did get me hooked on building and flying UAVs so I can't complain too much. I don't think though I will be backing this new flight controller though as it is a risk and $400 is expensive even though its advanced.  

Edited by Spitfire76
  • Like 1

Checking out the Pixhawk2 flight controller instead of this FlytPOD. I am already using an APM and was thinking of upgrading to a Pixhawk but only just found out that the long awaited Pixhawk 2 is now available.

http://www.proficnc.com/

Edited by Spitfire76

Hello all,

I'm one of the developers of FlytPOD and would like to address your concerns and queries.

Indiegogo campaign: We are doing it just to get the number of kits to be produced in first production batch. We are a funded company and going for production no matter what happens.

We have had a very successful beta program with 15 customers from across the globe. You can check the testimonials from out beta testers, especially by Chris Anderson, CEO of 3D Robotics. Please check out this article and its comments from some of the key developers in px4 community.

Pixhawk 2 is certainly a good hardware, but FlytPOD is lot more than that.
Roughly speaking FlytPOD pro = Pixhawk 2 + Odroid XU4 + OpenWRT Router

Also FlytPOD comes with onboard FlytOS, which lets you write python scripts, directly communicate with mobile/web apps and a lot of cool stuff that you can do with a good combination of hardware and software.

Volta's device fails to provide any software architecture for companion computer. Actually I never found, what do they provide other than their sticker on already available odroid xu4.

I would love to answer any other questions that you can come up with.

3DR is meant to be releasing a replacement to the Pixhawk (not the Pixhawk2 as that is not 3DR) but the "Pixhawk Mini" so I will need to check that out too.

Edited by Spitfire76