Reposted link.

http://www.film.ca.gov/LocationTools_FilmingStateProperty.htm

Interesting find. I know one of the state parks that I often visit has is used by wedding photographers and I wonder if using a drone for that would fall into these requirements or is it just for production film companies.

Edited by Spitfire76
  • Like 1

Looking at that web site again it looks like its just referring to film and TV production crews operating on California state property. I can't imagine a photographer using an UAV to film a wedding reception in a state park would need to follow the process in that document.

On 8/15/2016 at 7:57 PM, Spitfire76 said:

Looking at that web site again it looks like its just referring to film and TV production crews operating on California state property. I can't imagine a photographer using an UAV to film a wedding reception in a state park would need to follow the process in that document.

Agreed.

Not to get too hung up on this topic but I maybe the requirement of a $2M insurance policy is for any sort of work conducted in a CA state park involving an UAV (?).

• Like 1

This document isn't very specific, I'm assuming this is a small piece of a larger agreement? I would expect them to at least define what a "UAV" is or specify where their definition is coming from. This reads like it only applies to 55lb or greater.

Edited by Johng