Franklin

Pricing for Real Estate Photography

1 hour ago, Zoomin-UAV said:

Alan the video above is the one I talked about on the phone. please share any advice. Thanks Jerry Kinard

www.zoomin-UAV.com             

Looking good, Jerry!

As many others in this thread, I am also just getting in the game. I just wanted to share my choice for liability insurance and would like to know if anyone else uses the same. I use the mobile app "Verifly" and you pay by the hour, usually only $10.00 an hour or sometimes $25.00 depending on where you fly. I just wanted to share with everyone, it works good for someone like me who is just getting started and doesn't want to pay a lot for insurance that I might not need often. Check into it!

On 9/15/2017 at 6:50 PM, Droneography747 said:

Hey you all, Droneography747 here and I'm in Chicago no experience, but I fly every day. I'm a Hvac tech but I'm looking to join the droner community and start doing it part time I want to actually do wind farms any advice I have the mavic pro and willing to update if I have to i have no photography or videography skills but willing to learn.

Hey @Droneography747, welcome to the community.  If you want someone to answer your question, I recommend you post a new topic with a smart heading like "Need advice getting into wind farms".  What you've posted is a reply to a question about pricing real estate photography.  There are specific forum categories such as "Business Advice" that your question would be more suited.  

But, quickly the first thing you will want to do if you want to fly commercially (e.g. get paid for it) is to obtain your FAA Remote Pilot certificate by studying for and passing the written exam at a local FAA exam location.  @Alan Perlman has a ground school that has helped a lot of people like yourself study for and pass the test.

Best of luck.

On 9/16/2017 at 1:28 PM, ScottF said:

Hey @Droneography747, welcome to the community.  If you want someone to answer your question, I recommend you post a new topic with a smart heading like "Need advice getting into wind farms".  What you've posted is a reply to a question about pricing real estate photography.  There are specific forum categories such as "Business Advice" that your question would be more suited.  

But, quickly the first thing you will want to do if you want to fly commercially (e.g. get paid for it) is to obtain your FAA Remote Pilot certificate by studying for and passing the written exam at a local FAA exam location.  @Alan Perlman has a ground school that has helped a lot of people like yourself study for and pass the test.

Best of luck.

Thanks for the tip, moved the thread over here:

http://community.uavcoach.com/topic/3579-need-advice-getting-into-wind-farms/

I`m new to the drone community and I currently live 30 minutes south of Seattle. Looking for a side gig that can generate some income. I thought I could try my hand at aerial photography but I can see I this will take time and many hours of training. 

Is there a mentorship program for people like me tp get started

Aloha Franklin, and everyone else in the thread,

I live in one of the most expensive places on the planet, so take the numbers with a grain of salt, but I thought sharing the concept of our pricing structure might help.

First thing:  I charge for photos by 1,000sqft brackets, and video is priced according to time duration.  Add-ons include aerial photos, aerial video content, lifestyle content that cannot be shot from the property, sunset session. 

Second thing:  All media is strictly licensed for use by the realtor only, unless licensed to the brokerage (sometimes the brokerage is very small, and pays for the agents' media).  Media use is restricted to advertisements for the sale of the property, and for the realtor to use as continued ad content to further their biz efforts.  Brokerage can use to advertise for the sale of the property only, and for the duration of the listing only.

Ok, so here are the numbers, which should make a little more sense :)

Photo Options:

MLS Listing Photo Set (Interior/Exterior ground shots)  $400 up to 1,000sqft. + $100 per additional 1,000sqft. (Up to 4,000sqft...if over that size, custom pricing kicks in).

Aerial Photo Set  $350

Video Options:

Full Feature Cinematic Lifestyle (up to 3min max)   $1,800 (includes aerial footage where applicable)

Social Media Cinematic Highlight (1min max)   $1,000 (includes aerial footage where applicable)

Add-On Options:

Sunset through Twilight Session $250

Off-property Lifestyle Content $250

Again, I work in a ridiculously inflated market, where the median home mortgage is over $800k, so these numbers might look silly to some of you.  But the basic structure seems to work decently for me.  If you have any questions, hit me up!

Mahalo for your time!

• Like 1

On 9/26/2016 at 10:23 PM, Alan Perlman said:

I'm biased and will recommend our training program over at http://dronepilotgroundschool, but there are many ways to study. Other online courses like ours. Workbooks you can buy. Apps you can buy on your phone. The FAA has free study materials as well:

Alan, I used your program and really have to say it is by far the best out there.

My test taking was averaging 35-40 minutes, scoring from around 82 - 93% on the practice tests you have.

The day came and I scored 95%...Woohoo!!

Thank you!

Peter

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, pcdesignworks said:

Alan, I used your program and really have to say it is by far the best out there.

My test taking was averaging 35-40 minutes, scoring from around 82 - 93% on the practice tests you have.

Thank you!

Peter

You chose wisely, Peter, and congrats on your achievement! 👏

3 hours ago, pcdesignworks said:

Thank you!

Peter

Huzzah! Killer score, congrats :)

2 hours ago, JBR LIFE Photography said:

You chose wisely, Peter, and congrats on your achievement! 👏

Thank you!

Alan's course is so well layed out and easy to follow. Best out there!! It's like one of those TV series that you can't wait for the next episode!!

I looked at some of your work as well JBR, excellent work!!

Have been working my way into this exciting field over the last couple of years.

Life quote:

"Failure will never overtake me if my determination to succeed is strong enough"  Og. M.

Happy flying!!  (borrowed from Alan's blog :)